[Fluxus] potentially silly question (colour)

gabor papp gabor.lists at mndl.hu
Fri Jul 17 08:55:34 PDT 2009

hi Kassen,

> I thought I'd next change the cube to look like one of those kids toys with
> a different colour on every face (like a die for some game). For this I
> thought I'd grab the cube, iterate over it's faces using "for-each-face" and
> set the colour. In my most successful attempts so far all I got was a cube
> changing colour.
(hint-vertcols) can help with this.

something like this should work:
(clear)

(with-primitive (build-cube)
     (hint-vertcols)
     (pdata-index-map!
         (lambda (i c)
             (hsv->rgb (vector (/ (floor (/ i 4)) 6) .5 .5)))
         "c"))

> Am I misunderstanding exactly what colour is applied to? Is this a property
colour is applied to the whole primitive, unless you use
(hint-vertcols), when you can change the colour of the vertices.

best,