[Fluxus] fluxus live streaming

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Wed Jul 1 01:06:42 PDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-06-29 at 21:25 +0200, gabor papp wrote:
> > Thanks for the hint. But that won't get me a direct video from
> > fluxus, either. It's //just another// screen-capture.
> oh, right.
>
> > I don't think it'd be too hard to extend fluxus, calling
> > glReadPixels(..) for each frame and forward the frame-data to an
> > external application for encoding.
> i think using glReadPixels would be really slow.

The fastest way to do this, and one I'd like to try one day for a remote
performance, is to stream the typing to another instance of fluxus (I
think this is probably the best compression you'll get...)

Nik has an xmpp (jabber) client working in a planet package here:
http://github.com/zzkt/gibberish/tree/master

I think this, with some changes to the editor (or maybe a new one for
the job) could be a rather interesting progression - of course including
collaborative mode ;)