[Fluxus] n00b question on building fluxus

George Profenza orgicus at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 06:38:59 PDT 2009

Hi,

I tried to use a dmg file (fluxus-0.16-2-20090206git.mac_intel),
but it crashes a few seconds after I launch it. Sometimes it freezes the os
and I need to reboot.

Then I started following the instructions found here:
http://www.pawfal.org/fluxus/building/
So far I've installed PLT Scheme binary and MacPorts.

I've configured .bash_profile and I am using the same version of PLT.
Also, I've installed the libraries needed, using:

sudo port install fftw-3 glew freetype jack jpeg liblo libpng libsndfile ode
scons tiff zlib

I got stuck when I tried to run scons from the current location(~). I get
this error message:
scons: *** No SConstruct file found.
File "/opt/local/lib/scons-1.2.0/SCons/Script/Main.py", line 826, in _main

I googled the message and got to this thread:

I tried to find SConstruct using locate SConstruct, but all I see is some
references from macPorts, but nothing in /usr/bin or /usr/local as I'd
expect.

Since I'm new to all this I thought I should ask you guys since I expect it
be a minor and common issue.

Thanks,
George