[Fluxus] lighting of build-polygons

gabor papp gabor.lists at mndl.hu
Fri Aug 14 06:07:06 PDT 2009

> This turns out to be right; (colour) will only affect a shape where the
> normals have been set correctly, otherwise only the combination of setting
> each vertex colour and hint-vertcols will work. Are we sure this is the
as you have seen it already, if the normals are not set the second
version won't work either. since the normals are undefined and they
affect the colour of the face.

> I can see how we need normals for lighting but I'm not
> sure I understand why we need normals to set colours on objects. Do I
you don't need normals to set the colour, but lighting is on by default
in fluxus, and because of this it will affect how coloured objects are
rendered. try (hint-unlit) to turn off lighting and you won't need
normals then.

> understand correctly that (colour) as it applies to objects is very
> different from setting the colour of all vertices to the same vector? This
it's not very different. you usually set vertex colours if you want to
have different colours for each face, or want to display gradients
between face vertices. they both set colour, the first one works on
object level, while the second one on vertex level.

best,