[Fluxus] lighting of build-polygons

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 05:10:58 PDT 2009

> you don't really need (hint-vertcols) and pdata-set! "c" either, since all
>> vertices have the same colour. you could use (colour) in the state instead,
>> which is simpler.
>>

> Well, I wanted to do that because that would have saved a lot of lines but
> it didn't work for me. Hopefully with the calculated normals it will work.
> For a long time all of the shapes I drew were simply "black holes" where
> only the outline over a coloured object would show them. (colour) wouldn't
> even affect the wire-frame.

To briefly return to this;

This turns out to be right; (colour) will only affect a shape where the
normals have been set correctly, otherwise only the combination of setting
each vertex colour and hint-vertcols will work. Are we sure this is the
desired behaviour? I can see how we need normals for lighting but I'm not
sure I understand why we need normals to set colours on objects. Do I
understand correctly that (colour) as it applies to objects is very
different from setting the colour of all vertices to the same vector? This
is all a bit confusing to me.