[Fluxus] texture transparency for particles

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 09:54:37 PDT 2009

i think this is caused by the fact that depth sorting calculates the
> distance from the camera, and it renders the objects from back to front.
> since you use a big plane, its distance calculation is not perfect. probably
> a simple workaround if you subdivide the plane into smaller planes.

That would make sense. I'm not too bothered by what the world looks from
from under the ground but I feared this might later interfere with viewing
buildings from up close with a background that might involve sky and clouds.
So far it looks like you are indeed right and I don't need to worry.

> nice clouds, by the way :).

Thanks! I'm happy, they are finally behaving properly. It took a while but
then again I'm trying to learn scheme, 3d graphics and now also the Gimp at
the same time so some issues are bound to arise. I fear I'll have to get
into Blender and importing models as well because my village absolutely
*must* have a steam-train in the future.

:-)