[Fluxus] Hi all

lucas samaruga samarugalucas at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 10:45:49 PDT 2008

Hola

    Fluxus is fantastic, congratulations!!!

    I'm new in Fluxus, and in scheme too (two weeks ago). I have compiled
all the dependency libs, and buil fluxus 0.14 in openSuse and don't work,
after, I installed a rpm pck with fluxus 0.15 and it works.

    I have some questions:
    How can I make to download the lastest source code?
    Is posible to build and use the video suport in fluxus 0.15? That seems
to be a great feature and I don't know to much about scheme for
configurations.

    Some problems:
    Running a deep recursive script (or erroneous and infinitely recursive
scrpits in other ingrate cases) hang my machine and I can't kill the program
because no input (keyboard or mouse) is posible (a busy problem). The scheme
information to the REPL in the scratchpad also take a lot of time when
report recursive errors.
    I have made some fractus experiments (maybe the problem is because a
fractus point of view is -maybe- oposite to fluxus;), and here is the code
that hang the computer with for eg. (render 10 4). With every-frame and
draw-sphere the result is similar.

; fractus.scm

(clear)
(clear-colour (vector 0 0 0))

(colour (vector 0 1 0))

(define (render n f)
    (cond ((not (zero? n))
        (build-sphere 10 10)
        (scale (vector 0.5 0.5 0.5))

        (with-state
            (translate (vector f 0 0))
            (render (- n 1) f)
        )

        ; duplicated or maybe useless spheres
        (with-state
            (translate (vector (* -1 f) 0 0))
            (render (- n 1) f)
        )

        (with-state
            (translate (vector 0 f 0))
            (render (- n 1) f)
        )

        (with-state
            (translate (vector 0 (* -1 f) 0))
            (render (- n 1) f)
        )

        (with-state
            (translate (vector 0 0 f))
            (render (- n 1) f)
        )

        (with-state
            (translate (vector 0 0 (* -1 f)))
            (render (- n 1) f)
        )
    ))
)

(render 4 4)
;(render 4 40) ; for a little universe
;(render 10 4) ; for a hang

; end of fractus.scm

    I'm musician, and I don't speak English so good, sorry for both :-)

Thanks for all
Lucas