[Fluxus] visual programming fluxus

Jeff Sandys sandysj at juno.com
Tue Nov 25 12:13:09 PST 2008

Dave said:
> Whether it's actually easier than using text and parentheses
> is debatable, but it might serve as an interesting way to
> introduce people to the idea.

This is really great, Dave.  It aligns with how I taught Logo
programming to kids, we diagrammed Logo instructions with arches
to include all the inputs. (Logo is a lisp without parentheses
programming language)

Rick Taube is using SAL in his course to teach Common Music
instead of Scheme.  Personally I prefer parentheses for lisp
and scheme, because it makes the syntax so clear.  I have been
following along on Rick's Algorithmic Design of Music class
converting all the SAL examples back to Scheme.

I'll try out your SchemeBricks over the weekend.
Thanks,
Jeff Sandys