[Fluxus] Ubuntu Intrepid (8.10) compiling problem

Arxontis Politis deadflagblue at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 16:35:29 PST 2008

Hi,

I've been trying to compile fluxus on a (fairly) new Ubuntu Intrepid
installation. I got PltScheme from source and the scons detects alla
libraries properly, however there are some problems with the
compiling.
After inserting:
#include <cstring>
on JackClient.h OSCServer.h and a couple more I think
(to avoid 'memcpy' 'memset' and more errors related to this 'cstring'
which seems to be a common problem with gcc-4.3)
I came across:

In file included from libfluxus/src/PDataContainer.h:20,
                 from libfluxus/src/PDataContainer.cpp:17:
libfluxus/src/PDataArithmetic.h: In static member function 'static
Fluxus::PData* Fluxus::AddOperator::Operate(Fluxus::TypedPData<S>*,
T)':
libfluxus/src/PDataArithmetic.h:46: error: must #include <typeinfo>
before using typeid
libfluxus/src/PDataArithmetic.h:47: error: must #include <typeinfo>
before using typeid
libfluxus/src/PDataArithmetic.h: In static member function 'static
Fluxus::PData* Fluxus::MultOperator::Operate(Fluxus::TypedPData<S>*,
T)':
libfluxus/src/PDataArithmetic.h:74: error: must #include <typeinfo>
before using typeid
libfluxus/src/PDataArithmetic.h:75: error: must #include <typeinfo>
before using typeid
libfluxus/src/PDataArithmetic.h: In static member function 'static
Fluxus::PData* Fluxus::SineOperator::Operate(Fluxus::TypedPData<S>*,
T)':
libfluxus/src/PDataArithmetic.h:104: error: must #include <typeinfo>
before using typeid
libfluxus/src/PDataArithmetic.h:105: error: must #include <typeinfo>
before using typeid
libfluxus/src/PDataArithmetic.h: In static member function 'static
Fluxus::PData* Fluxus::CosineOperator::Operate(Fluxus::TypedPData<S>*,
T)':
libfluxus/src/PDataArithmetic.h:122: error: must #include <typeinfo>
before using typeid
libfluxus/src/PDataArithmetic.h:123: error: must #include <typeinfo>
before using typeid
and so on...

I'm not an expert in compiling (tweaking the occasional Makefile at
best) so any advice mostly welcome! By the way since I installed
Intrepid I haven't managed to compile almost anything without errors.
Is it a gcc issue???

Cheers,
Archontis