[Fluxus] Fwd: trying to compile fluxus, strange scheme errors

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Thu Jun 19 09:46:28 PDT 2008

> On Jun 19, 2008, at 1:32 AM, gabor papp wrote:
>> fluxus runs fine on osx. try to follow the steps here:
>> http://lists.pawfal.org/pipermail/fluxus-pawfal.org/2008-May/001377.html
>
> very well then. I cant seem to get a copy of plt 3.99, will this work
> with plt 4? I ask because I have tried these instructions on OS X, but
> said that the scheme_namespace_require symbol is undefined, which is
> the same error I get with ubuntu.  at this point, it seems that I have
> overcome the OS specific errors, and am now facing the same situation
> on both OS's.
> However, I would like to get it working on ubuntu first, as it is much
> easier to handle dependancies, and as that partition doesn't really
> have much else on it, if I screw something up horribly, I don't feel
> guilty about wiping it.

I haven't tried fluxus with the release of plt 4 yet. I'm currently
running one of their nightly builds from a week or so before. I'll give it
a try soon - but I am slightly doubtful it will cause an error like that.

If you are now on linux, you would probably get more milage from using the
last release (fluxus 0.14) and installing plt 372 from here:
http://download.plt-scheme.org/drscheme/v372.html

cvs versions shouldn't really be used except for development, I guess
there is a rush on the cvs build at the moment because of the osx
improvements - I should have done a release for that... I'll try and get
one done soon.