[Fluxus] Fwd: fluxus-midi

krgn k.gebbert at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 13:51:29 PDT 2008

 (forwarding my misdirected reply to list)

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 1:14 PM, gabor papp <gabor.lists at mndl.hu> wrote:

> i'm not sure if anyone is interested in this, but i started to work on a
> fluxus midi module. the first basic version is available here:
>
> http://fluxus.mndl.hu/fluxus-midi/fluxus-midi-080603.tar.gz
>
> the simplest way to install it is to extract the contents in the modules
> directory, add fluxus-midi to the dirs in modules/SConscript and run scons.
>
> works in linux and osx.
>

> commands:
>
> (midi-info) - returns the available midi hardware list
> (midi-init n) - initialises hw n
> (midi-cc c n) - returns value of controller n at channel c (0-127)
> (midi-ccn c n) - normalised value of controller n (0-1)
>

> example:
>
> (require fluxus-015/fluxus-midi)
>
> (display (midi-info))(newline)
>
> (midi-init 1)
>
> (define (midi-test)
>  (with-state
>    (scale (vector (midi-ccn 0 1) (midi-ccn 0 2) (midi-ccn 0 3)))
>    (draw-cube)))
>
> (every-frame (midi-test))

this example works well for me together with SC. the only output I get in
the shell is:

~/dev/fluxus$ fluxus-0.15 temp.scm
Welcome to fluxus.
Type (help) for info.

RtMidiIn::cancelCallback: no callback function was set!

((0 . Midi Through Port-0) (1 . out0))
ALSA lib seq.c:4014:(snd_seq_event_input_feed) poll: Interrupted system call
RtMidiIn::alsaMidiHandler: unknown MIDI input error!
ALSA lib seq.c:4014:(snd_seq_event_input_feed) poll: Interrupted system call
RtMidiIn::alsaMidiHandler: unknown MIDI input error!
ALSA lib seq.c:4014:(snd_seq_event_input_feed) poll: Interrupted system call
RtMidiIn::alsaMidiHandler: unknown MIDI input error!
ALSA lib seq.c:4014:(snd_seq_event_input_feed) poll: Interrupted system call
RtMidiIn::alsaMidiHandler: unknown MIDI input error!
ALSA lib seq.c:4014:(snd_seq_event_input_feed) poll: Interrupted system call
RtMidiIn::alsaMidiHandler: unknown MIDI input error!

let me know if I should turn on debugging for more detailed information.