[Fluxus] Fluxus crashes

Chris Targett xin at xlevus.net
Wed Dec 10 23:11:59 PST 2008

Hi,

Ah sorry Gabor, send it to the wrong address >_>

I've compiled fluxus against 4.1 and 4.1.3. On two seperate machines,
One of which had a fresh off-the-factory install and the other a
hackintosh. I've had the same problems with every combination. Even
when not running jack.

When it crashes seems to be purely random. It's driving me mad trying
to look for a definitive cause :(

> hi Chris,
>
>> Unfortunatley, it crashes... Alot, and at seemingly aribtary times.
> i'm running fluxus cvs with plt 4.1 and it seems to work fine. are you
> using a newer plt release? also there are some problems with jack. it
> works most of the time, but many users reported that fluxus crashes on
> exit with jack.
>
>> For example, I can be playing a keys file and it'll seemingly go on
>> forever (although, the files are 'typed' out of order and missing
>> keys so nothing happens)
> this is a known problem due to different keycodes on osx and linux. the
> keyfiles were recorded in linux, so it is not possible to replay them in
> osx.
That makes sense :)

> best,
> gabor