[Fluxus] Fluxus crashes

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Thu Dec 11 01:30:11 PST 2008

> I've compiled fluxus against 4.1 and 4.1.3. On two seperate machines,
> One of which had a fresh off-the-factory install and the other a
> hackintosh. I've had the same problems with every combination. Even
> when not running jack.
>
> When it crashes seems to be purely random. It's driving me mad trying
> to look for a definitive cause :(

I have suspicions about the current cvs build - I think there is some code
which is not cooperating with the garbage collector properly, causing
crashes. The problem is that it's really hard to track down as the cause
is rarely anything to do with where it crashes. I'll have a look into it,
it seems quite rare here, but I've recently managed to find some almost
repeatable crashes to play with.

I'm assuming you're using cvs because you had a lot of trouble building
fluxus, but if you can go back, the 0.15 build should be stable - I've run
several installations on it, one that's been running for months now, so
I'm fairly sure that's ok for most things.