[Fluxus] Notes on how to install Fluxus on Ubuntu

Gerry Grainger nowhere.elysium at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 03:49:35 PDT 2007

Hi folks: I've just reinstalled Ubuntu on my machine, after having had
problems with Debian on it - it's an AMD64X2 4600+ monstrosity, with some
weird hardware in there that Debian just didn't like.
Anyhoo: I decided to follow this method for installing fluxus: it's
different to how I normally do it, with the most notable difference being
the use of ldconfig - I've never had to touch that before.
So: I installed Fluxus according to the guide, and it now segfaults at me
from the get-go. Bugger.
It runs a little bit like this: (cue piano interlude...)
nowhere at machine:~$ fluxus
Seg fault (internal error) at (nil)
Aborted (core dumped)

Without intending to sound overly stroppy, or even competitive (after all,
we're all here to use fluxus, right?) I'm gonna stat over from scratch, and
document the way that I install Fluxus, and see if there's any significant
differences. As I say, this is not borne out of a sense of competition; I
just wonder where my method differs from the mentioned one...
Gerry.