[Fluxus] Notes on how to install Fluxus on Ubuntu

Alex Norman alex at neisis.net
Sat Oct 13 09:54:55 PDT 2007

installing the packages can be done in one step (step 2): [makes the
instructions seem less daunting I think]

-Alex

----

* Replace this step with what is right for your video card *
1) Installed package "xserver-xorg-video-intel" to give correct screen resolution (doing this replaces one of the default packages)

NOTE: Ctrl-Alt-Backspace restarts X-windows

2) sudo apt-get install jackd libode0-dev scons libglew-dev fftw3-dev libsndfile1-dev liblo-dev libxext-dev libxt-dev libxaw7-dev libjpeg62-dev libtiff4-dev libfreetype6-dev libpng12-dev libjack-dev freeglut3-dev libglut3-dev qjackctl

3) Download PLT scheme from http://www.pawfal.org/Software/fluxus/files/plt-369.10-src-unix.tgz

4) Unpack and cd in to "src" in unpacked archive

5) ./configure --enable-shared --prefix=/usr/local

6) make

7) sudo make install

8) Download and unpack fluxus

9) cd to fluxus dir

10) scons

11) sudo scons install

12) Update library path. NOTE: This is a funny on BSD and Ubuntu - they don't treat /usr/local/lib as a standard library path. Choose a better editor than "vi" if you don't already know how to use it.
cd /etc
sudo vi ld.so.conf
insert line "/usr/local/lib"

13) sudo ldconfig