[fluxus] 64bit

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Thu May 3 02:45:02 PDT 2007

> So has anyone got fluxus working on a 64 bit box?  I've installed on 2
> machines both running ubuntu linux, fresh installs, svn version of plt
> with the shared library and 3m, if I run fluxus on the 32 bit machine it
> works fine, on the 64bit machine it just pegs the cpu and doesn't even
> open a window.

sounds like I've broken this recently - does 0.11 work in 64bit mode? (I
had reports that it (or an older version maybe) did)

> Also, should the "fluxus in mred" example animate... I don't see anything
> happen unless I put a window over the graphics view and then bring the
> graphics view back to focus.

that is correct behaviour - or rather, what I get too, the mred canvas
needs to have an idle method which causes it to redraw.

does this work in 64bit mode? that would narrow it down to the fluxus
front end.