[fluxus] what files are safe to translate?

Glauber Prado glauberalex at uol.com.br
Wed Jun 13 12:16:36 PDT 2007

Dave Griffiths wrote:

>>hi fluxus is changing a lot lately and im translating the files to
>>portuguese so i want to know which ones are better i do it now and which
>>ones are better wait, i will translate the whole thing  but dont think
>>its worth documenting stuff that is subject to change, ive translated
>>already Maths, Utils and am translating now primitives.
>>I need to understand better also the version control system, there might
>>be a way to see what files are subject to change as flag on it doesnt?
>>

>Good questions... Firstly, I'm not planning any massive functional
>changes, and the recent activity has *mainly* been new stuff.

thanks.

>The things that will affect you (from the top of my head) are:
>
>* all enums and strings to symbols - eg:
>(build-polygons 100 0) becomes (build-polygons 100 'triangle-strip)
>* rename pdata-set -> pdata-set!
>* rename pdata-get -> pdata-ref
>* removing pdata-op

these should be easy to circumvent, so i think i will keep going as i
was before, only the pdata stuff might make a big difference
if you change it drastically i think.

>I wouldn't start going through the non-function documentation (the stuff
>in fluxus.texi) as I think I'm going to rewrite that in a simpler form.
>Not sure yet though.

I wasnt really planning to do it just now, i think that hands on is
better to learn and not having to leave fluxus to learn its
functions/commands is the way to go imho, i thinked about making a
fluxus help that would list all the "modules"
like on the repl you type:
(help "fluxus")
then it would say whats fluxus about and in the examples section it
would list all the modules.
eg:
Maths
Utils
Primitives...

then you could call:
(help "Maths")
then it would give what math is and list its functions/commands as
before, this way you could navigate trough all the docs inside fluxus
and have
a easy guideline.

What do you think about this way?

>In the very long term I'd like to look at making the fluxus scheme
>commands less imperative and more functional in style (which would be
>quite a large change) - but I need to do some research on this, and I'm
>not sure it'll actually happen.

ok, good luck, if you ever come to it.

>Thanks for doing this - it's much appreciated!

i'm appreciating it too :).

>cheers,
>
>dave

peace