[fluxus] what files are safe to translate?

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Wed Jun 13 10:04:07 PDT 2007

> hi fluxus is changing a lot lately and im translating the files to
> portuguese so i want to know which ones are better i do it now and which
> ones are better wait, i will translate the whole thing  but dont think
> its worth documenting stuff that is subject to change, ive translated
> already Maths, Utils and am translating now primitives.
> I need to understand better also the version control system, there might
> be a way to see what files are subject to change as flag on it doesnt?

Good questions... Firstly, I'm not planning any massive functional
changes, and the recent activity has *mainly* been new stuff.

The things that will affect you (from the top of my head) are:

* all enums and strings to symbols - eg:
(build-polygons 100 0) becomes (build-polygons 100 'triangle-strip)
* rename pdata-set -> pdata-set!
* rename pdata-get -> pdata-ref
* removing pdata-op

I wouldn't start going through the non-function documentation (the stuff
in fluxus.texi) as I think I'm going to rewrite that in a simpler form.
Not sure yet though.

In the very long term I'd like to look at making the fluxus scheme
commands less imperative and more functional in style (which would be
quite a large change) - but I need to do some research on this, and I'm
not sure it'll actually happen.

Thanks for doing this - it's much appreciated!