[fluxus] how to load a script?

glauber alex dias prado glauberalex at uol.com.br
Thu Feb 15 14:44:00 PST 2007

Hello!

Em Qui, 2007-02-15 às 09:57 +0000, Dave Griffiths escreveu:
> > 	Hi all, im experiencing problems with latest fluxus, i managed to get
> > it up and running and tested some things, i just cant find how to load
> > scripts yet,
>
> ctrl-l gives you a simple file browser, navigate with cursor up/down and
> return to open a file or enter a directory. ctrl-l again to quit (I should
> make escape quit too)

nice, ive overlooked it on the manual :), very cool the side scrolling.

> > but the save as... is much nicer now, i mean more "user
> > friendly", the documentation is very good and i think its a lot easier
> > now to follow along it, i consider this a great improvement i am just
> > missing a search function for the names of the functions otherwise you
> > have to have the manual open still, which is not bad but isnt the
> > purpose of a online help system.
>
> Yup - it's easy enough to add more help functions now, I was thinking of
> adding a command to return all function names, or return all functions in
> a section. Searching with regular expressions should be doable. I was also
> thinking of putting all the functions on one page in the online docs.

Whatever you decide i will like, its already great.

> We could probably get some form of syntax highlighting and autocompletion
> working in the editor, but this would be slightly lower priority right now
> ;)

Certainly, first lets have it stabler, not that it isnt, ive let it on
for more than two hours for a small stress test with other opengl
programs opened at the same time and connected with xmms trough jack and
it didnt died, i think it means something.

> > 	I was having trouble with connecting it to jack yesterday but today it
> > worked nicely, i dont know what happened,thats okay, im feeling that
> > fluxus is more solid, this is very good, nice work you have been done
> > congrats, and can we start traductions of the help system?
>
> Yes, I think so. I have some changes to make which I'll do over the next
> few days but they are minor. Feel free to improve the english docs too! :)

I will try my best, but the most functions are well described, and some
which arent i am affraid of not having enough knowledge to be really
usefull.

> The way that translations work is that (if you look at the source for
> example, modules/fluxus-engine/src/PDataFunctions.cpp) the tokens the doc
> generator searches for have the language encoded in, i.e. at the moment:
>
> StartSectionDoc-en
> StartFunctionDoc-en
>
> Which is set for the english version. If you look in makehelpmap.scm in
> docs there is a line:

Complex stuff in makehelpmap.scm :), i just have to translate the docs
and maintain the file structure, like make a similar StartSectionDoc-pt
for example? anyway i will look into pawfal.

> (define locale "en")

> Which tells the script which language to extract, just change this -
> eventually it will all be passed in from the SConstruct with a commandline
> argument to set the language. (I'll add this info to the wiki actually)

scons isnt building for my arch, which i think is just a naming problem
cause symlinking i386 to x86_64 resolved.

> Many thanks for the testing and feedback. What version of PLT are you
> using BTW?

MzScheme v369.7 [3m], latest svn, it refused to work with 301-r2 and i
went for the latest is that right? Also latest fluxus from svn.

> cheers,
>
> dave

yupee

Glauber