[fluxus] how to load a script?

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Thu Feb 15 01:57:06 PST 2007

> 	Hi all, im experiencing problems with latest fluxus, i managed to get
> it up and running and tested some things, i just cant find how to load
> scripts yet,

ctrl-l gives you a simple file browser, navigate with cursor up/down and
return to open a file or enter a directory. ctrl-l again to quit (I should
make escape quit too)

> but the save as... is much nicer now, i mean more "user
> friendly", the documentation is very good and i think its a lot easier
> now to follow along it, i consider this a great improvement i am just
> missing a search function for the names of the functions otherwise you
> have to have the manual open still, which is not bad but isnt the
> purpose of a online help system.

Yup - it's easy enough to add more help functions now, I was thinking of
adding a command to return all function names, or return all functions in
a section. Searching with regular expressions should be doable. I was also
thinking of putting all the functions on one page in the online docs.

We could probably get some form of syntax highlighting and autocompletion
working in the editor, but this would be slightly lower priority right now
;)

> 	I was having trouble with connecting it to jack yesterday but today it
> worked nicely, i dont know what happened,thats okay, im feeling that
> fluxus is more solid, this is very good, nice work you have been done
> congrats, and can we start traductions of the help system?

Yes, I think so. I have some changes to make which I'll do over the next
few days but they are minor. Feel free to improve the english docs too! :)

The way that translations work is that (if you look at the source for
example, modules/fluxus-engine/src/PDataFunctions.cpp) the tokens the doc
generator searches for have the language encoded in, i.e. at the moment:

StartSectionDoc-en
StartFunctionDoc-en

Which is set for the english version. If you look in makehelpmap.scm in
docs there is a line:

(define locale "en")

Which tells the script which language to extract, just change this -
eventually it will all be passed in from the SConstruct with a commandline
argument to set the language. (I'll add this info to the wiki actually)

Many thanks for the testing and feedback. What version of PLT are you
using BTW?