[Fluxus] font commits

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Mon Aug 20 01:18:20 PDT 2007

Hi all,

Lots of work over the weekend on the font rendering - I've replaced the
stroke font with a new ttf glyph renderer, so you can choose your own
editor font by setting:

(set! fluxus-scratchpad-font "/path/to/font.ttf")

It's hardly open office, but it's fast and does the same auto
scaling/tracking as before. There is also minimal support for unicode
characters so the portuguese help text looks ok - hopefully :) You can't
input multibyte text yet, but I think thats a glut problem I'll need to
look at.

The default font is the freely distributable vera sans mono (included with
fluxus):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7905273@N07/1173390242/

And with new century schoolbook italic or something:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7905273@N07/1173390266/
Fancier fonts look bad when they are too small, anti aliasing would help,
but poly antialiasing doesn't seem to work here.

New dependancy for this - libfreetype.

I also made the text editor track the cursor if the line is too long for
the view.