[Fluxus] font commits

Glauber Alex Dias Prado glauberalex at uol.com.br
Mon Aug 20 12:16:46 PDT 2007

"Dave Griffiths" <dave at pawfal.org> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> Lots of work over the weekend on the font rendering - I've replaced the
> stroke font with a new ttf glyph renderer, so you can choose your own
> editor font by setting:
>
> (set! fluxus-scratchpad-font "/path/to/font.ttf")

awesome!

> It's hardly open office, but it's fast and does the same auto
> scaling/tracking as before. There is also minimal support for unicode
> characters so the portuguese help text looks ok - hopefully :) You can't
> input multibyte text yet, but I think thats a glut problem I'll need to
> look at.

well i dont know if its really needed to have such input, ive made a
text game and i used it but for the sake of fluxus i dont see it as a
priority if you understand me.

> The default font is the freely distributable vera sans mono (included with
> fluxus):
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/7905273@N07/1173390242/
>
> And with new century schoolbook italic or something:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/7905273@N07/1173390266/
> Fancier fonts look bad when they are too small, anti aliasing would help,
> but poly antialiasing doesn't seem to work here.

i think are looking very nice and are fast too.

> New dependancy for this - libfreetype.

they dont really bother me :D.

> I also made the text editor track the cursor if the line is too long for
> the view.

Very nice, working good, though i have some "complaints" :), it needs
something in the same fashion for vertical scroll too im affraid if you
do exactly the same thing for vertical it will work as it will kind of
lose the tracking delay which is very cool (not sure here, only
wondering), the other is a bit more troublesome and im not sure if its
something that only happens here but the file dialogs are messed up with
this improvement.