[fluxus] porting 0.12 to osx

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Thu Apr 19 06:34:54 PDT 2007

> On 19/04/2007, at 11:05 PM, Dave Griffiths wrote:
>

>> Cheers - fwiw Dan Bethell got quite a long way with OSX porting,
>> I'm not
>> sure if he ever committed his work, but you should probably talk to
>> each
>> other (he's on list).
>
> Yeah, although that was some time ago and whilst looking at it again
> the other day I realise I have no idea what I was really doing. Apart
> from a few code tweaks like the glob thing I think it was pretty
> straightforward to compile but getting the modules installed gave me
> a headache. Is there a PLT env var for adding collects without having
> to install them into the PLT/lib/collects path? That would make life
> easier.

You can set the collects path as a scheme variable when the interpreter
starts up (potentially read from an env var by the embedding application I
suppose)

I didn't do this, but I can't pinpoint the exact reason why. Maybe I
didn't want the fluxus modules to be lonely... I think it would be nicer
now though, considering this.