[fluxus] porting 0.12 to osx

Dan Bethell dan at pawfal.org
Thu Apr 19 06:22:28 PDT 2007

On 19/04/2007, at 11:05 PM, Dave Griffiths wrote:

> Cheers - fwiw Dan Bethell got quite a long way with OSX porting,
> I'm not
> sure if he ever committed his work, but you should probably talk to
> each
> other (he's on list).

Yeah, although that was some time ago and whilst looking at it again
the other day I realise I have no idea what I was really doing. Apart
from a few code tweaks like the glob thing I think it was pretty
straightforward to compile but getting the modules installed gave me
a headache. Is there a PLT env var for adding collects without having
to install them into the PLT/lib/collects path? That would make life
easier.

On the subject of shared libraries I noticed that some mac app
bundles have shared libraries included in the bundle itself. Google
earth for instance has a heap under Contents/MacOS - maybe bundling
shared libraries and setting the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH via Info.plist is
an option? I could be talking gibberish though...

dan