[fluxus] `glClientActiveTexture' undeclared, error while building fluxus

andersvi at extern.uio.no andersvi at extern.uio.no
Wed Mar 8 12:34:03 PST 2006

>>> "D" == Dave Griffiths <dave at pawfal.org> writes:
D>
>> Im getting this error while trying to build fluxus here on a
>> linux-machine.  It hits an error when compiling
>> src/PolyPrimitive.cpp in line 113:
>>
>> libfluxus/src/PolyPrimitive.cpp:113: error: `glClientActiveTexture'
>> undeclared (first use this function)
D>
D> I've had a few reports of this, and I'm getting it here on my work machine.
D>
D> It's something to do with the version of gl installed with the gfxcard
D> driver, (it's a version 1.3 command I think) glClientActiveTexture is
D> defined in glext.h here, try adding it to the includes in State.h -
D> doesn't seem to work either, but you might have more luck.

The problem seems to be caused by a Nvidia-installer for the
video-card drivers on some workstations here.  It puts an
obsolete version of libGL.* in /usr/lib/libGl.* (v. 1.0 or
something) and gets rid of any competitors under /usr/X11R6/...

Fluxus' from around v. 0.8 compiles and runs ok seemingly.

If someone has all the necessary libs, would they be so kind to
make a statically linked binary available somewhere while im
searching for a solution to the libGL discrepancy?

-anders