[fluxus] `glClientActiveTexture' undeclared, error while building fluxus

dave dave at pawfal.org
Thu Mar 9 07:48:14 PST 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 21:34 +0100, andersvi at extern.uio.no wrote:

> >> Im getting this error while trying to build fluxus here on a
> >> linux-machine.  It hits an error when compiling
> >> src/PolyPrimitive.cpp in line 113:
> >>
> >> libfluxus/src/PolyPrimitive.cpp:113: error: `glClientActiveTexture'
> >> undeclared (first use this function)
> D>
> D> I've had a few reports of this, and I'm getting it here on my work machine.
> D>
> D> It's something to do with the version of gl installed with the gfxcard
> D> driver, (it's a version 1.3 command I think) glClientActiveTexture is
> D> defined in glext.h here, try adding it to the includes in State.h -
> D> doesn't seem to work either, but you might have more luck.
>
> The problem seems to be caused by a Nvidia-installer for the
> video-card drivers on some workstations here.  It puts an
> obsolete version of libGL.* in /usr/lib/libGl.* (v. 1.0 or
> something) and gets rid of any competitors under /usr/X11R6/...

I think libGL* is the graphics driver, basically (so we can't statically
link to them). the machine I can't get it to build on is an Nvidia one
too, must be something to do with the headers - glClientActiveTexture is
there, it's just not getting defined and I haven't had enough time to
figure out how to fix it yet.

It might be easier to disable to multitexturing - you can just comment
out all the offending lines, I think it'll still work - without that
feature tho of course :)