[fluxus] Write object to STL

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Thu Mar 2 02:52:29 PST 2006

> I've attached a file that allows for output of triangle based forms to
> stl.

a google search makes it look like this is a format for fabrication?
sounds interesting :)

anyway, this is great, and the right approach I think to i/o, and general
geometric processing with fluxus. I'd like to put this in the release, if
that's ok - we need to have a look at what we do with scheme scripts
(although it sounds like Artem has this sorted) but I'd like to have a lot
of extra functionality like this availible through scheme extensions. That
way we can keep the C++ part of fluxus to mainly rendering, and a 3D maths
lib.

another thing I'd like to make possible is executable fluxus scripts that
start off:

#!/usr/bin/env fluxus

so we can write scripts that you can treat as applications, and launch
fluxus + execute with the script editor hidden. (think games :)