[fluxus] Write object to STL

Alex x37v.alex at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 12:15:44 PST 2006

I've attached a file that allows for output of triangle based forms to stl.
here is an example of how it works:

(load "writestl.scm")
(define ob (build-sphere 10 10))
(grab ob)
(write_stl_file "test.stl")
(ungrab)

You can load up this stl file in blender (it works for me at least)
Obviously this isn't that interesting unless you do some deformation.

It is my first go so it could probably be cleaned up but it does work
for cylinders and spheres.
I figure it would be easy to make it work for quad based objects by
simply cutting the quads in half and making triangles.  It would be
nice if one could simply tell an object to print an stl file of itself
and it would use the correct method, I'm actually using goops to make
an OO framework on top of fluxus so I can do this [though i haven't
put the write stl method in there yet], if anyone wants to see that
stuff I can share it.

-Alex