[fluxus] Write object to STL

Alex x37v.alex at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 09:29:37 PST 2006

Dave,
you can certainly include this into the release.  I could easily write
one that works with quads as well i think, if you'd like.  Is there
any way right now to test the way the verticies are interpreted when
an object is grabbed?  That would make doing this very nice because
the user wouldn't even have to think about which version to call.

I am using stl to import forms into a program which will then print
these forms on a 3d printer.  One of the issues is that I have to make
sure that the forms are not self intersecting and that it remains
solid (this is why I was making such a fuss about the "seam" on
spheres).
it would be awesome if fluxus had subdivision surfaces so that in
addition to manipulating existing verticies, new verticies could be
added, areas of objects could become more complex.

I was also thinking that it would be nice to have the ability to run
scripts as applications nice :)

another issue, that i'm sure has been brought up, is error reporting,
it is very difficult when the error output just says that there is a )
somewhere that is missing but gives no indication of where! at least
printing out the surrounding 2 lines or something could be useful.

-Alex