[fluxus] fluxus-0.10rc2 ERROR: Unbound variable: scm:eval-transformer

Claude Heiland-Allen claudiusmaximus at goto10.org
Tue Jul 11 21:19:15 PDT 2006

glauber alex dias prado wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-07-01 at 03:46 +0100, Claude Heiland-Allen wrote:
>
>>Claude Heiland-Allen wrote:
>>
>>>Hi all,
>>>
>>>Running gentoo, the latest version of guile available in portage is
>>>guile-1.6.7, so I installed guile-1.8.0 from source into /usr/local
>>>(didn't uninstall guile-1.6 because I don't know what else might be
>>>using it).  Fluxus built fine, so I guess it's seeing the right guile
>>>version.
>>>
>>>First attempt: running ./fluxus without installing, it ran, but had the
>>>every-frame error mentioned recently:
>>>
>>>ERROR: Unbound variable: every-frame
>>>
>>>Second attempt: after scons install, fluxus doesn't work in a different
>>>way, this is what I get:
>>>
>>>ERROR: Unbound variable: scm:eval-transformer
>>>
>>>Any clues?
>>>

>>>Claude
>>
>>Just tried with a fresh CVS checkout, same error:
>>
>>ERROR: Unbound variable: scm:eval-transformer
>>

>>Claude
>
> its possible that at compile time it uses the right package and at
> runtime cause of your environment it uses the wrong package i suggest
> you do:
> equery h guile
> after you will see what can be affected by unmerging it if thats not
> harmfull i suggest you doing so, at least thats what i did and it
> worked.

Ok, thanks, I now have fluxus working.  Here's the gory details for the
archives:

1. 'equery depends guile' to see what needs guile (in my case just SWIG)
2. 'emerge --ask --verbose --unmerge guile' to uninstall guile
3. 'USE="-guile" emerge --ask --verbose swig' to reinstall SWIG without
guile, in case it broke when I uninstalled guile
4. './configure && make && make install' guile-1.8.0
5. 'scons && scons install' fluxus
6. enjoy fluxus working :)

Claude