[fluxus] random notes

dave dave at pawfal.org
Sun Feb 12 12:32:41 PST 2006

On Sun, 2006-02-12 at 13:29 +0100, Artem Baguinski wrote:
> hi again
>
> some things just popup in my head as i go through documentation while
> playing with fluxus
>
> 1. this is really my thing ;-) something i wanted to have written but
> never found time

cheers, glad you like it :)

> 2. have you considered slightly different paren hiliting in the
> editor: to hilite not when the cursor ON the closing paren, but when
> it's one char after? like it is now after i typed the closing paren I
> have to move back to see which one was that and if i have to close
> several nested lists it's slightly annoyoing.

I'll consider it, but I've kinda got used to it the way it is - I guess
it would make more sense if the cursor was a line between chars, rather
than a highlighted block.

> 3. in the documentation you always say "(vector 1 0 0)", while it
> could be shorter with "#(1 0 0)". is it because you've got £ (pound
> sign) on # on british keyboards? ;-)

only because it seems better to me to use the explicit version as it
will do things like:

(vector (gh 1) 0 0)

wheras the quoted version won't evaluate functions

> somehow Drafts stopped working in my Mail.app, so i'll send this as
> is and make up a new letter once i have more random popups in my mind.

good stuff, would be useful for me to have all this sort of thing added
to the bug list - feature requests also.