[fluxus] building on OSX

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Tue Oct 18 02:16:49 PDT 2005

> hi,
>
> On Oct 17, 2005, at 6:18 PM, %5GN wrote:
>

>> last week I posted about the error I encounter when building
>> fluxus-0.7rc1 on osx Panther:

>> ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _environ
>> /usr/lib/crt1.o definition of _environ in section (__DATA,__data)
>> /sw/lib/libguile.dylib(libguile.12.3.0.dylib-master.o) definition of
>> _environ
>> ld: Undefined symbols:
>> fluxus::NURBSPrimitive::NURBSPrimitive()
>>
>> Is there any way how I could fix this NURBSPrimitive symbol (link)?
>
> ...sorry, forgot to write back:  you probably aren't compiling the
> libfluxus/src/NURBSPrimitive.cpp file...if you are compiling from the
> cvs xcode project file, you'll probably have to add this and perhaps
> a few other files...I can't really help much here, since I don't have
> a 10.3.x system with dev tools atm...

ah yes, the nurbs code was new in the last version. I guess the easiest
thing would be to go back to trying previous versions. 0.6 might give you
more luck.

>> ps. has anyone had success compiling fluxus on Tiger?

sorry this is giving you so many problems - we should work harder at
syncronising our efforts. would be great if we could get more OSX people
to help to take the burden off James everytime I do a release which breaks
his efforts...