[fluxus] building on OSX

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Mon Oct 17 19:54:46 PDT 2005

hi,

On Oct 17, 2005, at 6:18 PM, %5GN wrote:

> last week I posted about the error I encounter when building
> fluxus-0.7rc1 on osx Panther:

> ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _environ
> /usr/lib/crt1.o definition of _environ in section (__DATA,__data)
> /sw/lib/libguile.dylib(libguile.12.3.0.dylib-master.o) definition of
> _environ
> ld: Undefined symbols:
> fluxus::NURBSPrimitive::NURBSPrimitive()
>
> Is there any way how I could fix this NURBSPrimitive symbol (link)?

...sorry, forgot to write back:  you probably aren't compiling the
libfluxus/src/NURBSPrimitive.cpp file...if you are compiling from the
cvs xcode project file, you'll probably have to add this and perhaps
a few other files...I can't really help much here, since I don't have
a 10.3.x system with dev tools atm...

> ps. has anyone had success compiling fluxus on Tiger?

...sure, and I need to go ahead and upload a newer xcodeproj, but
right now I'm using a prerelease version of xcode 2.2, so I think
it'd be worthless on anything less than 2.1 (on 10.4.x)...plus, I'm
really on deadline atm...

l8r,
james