[fluxus] building on OSX

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Thu Oct 13 02:39:04 PDT 2005

> hi all,
>
> On Oct 12, 2005, at 5:29 AM, Dave Griffiths wrote:
>
>> did we ever manage to get a static binary working for osx?
>> might be less fuss to distribute that
>
> ...unfortunately, the hold up is a portable form of guile:  I tried
> linking everything staticly, but guile has "helper" scripts that need
> to be localized, too...I figured that a "guile.framework" could be
> built, but just haven't gotten around to it...and won't be able to
> until mid-november, at least  :-\

well, I might ditch guile - I have a couple of reasons to already. firstly
the api is a mess, halfway through a redesign and no end in sight, which
makes writing the bindings largly a matter of guesswork. secondly I have a
feeling it might not be the fastest interpreter out there. the fastest
fluxus scripts are always going to be the ones which are light on the
interpreter (retained instead of immediate mode stuff) but I think we
could get some good speed ups using something like this:
http://sof.ch/dan/qscheme/index-e.html