[fluxus] Audio Input?

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Fri Jul 8 06:12:40 PDT 2005

> Say i'm confused as to what audio input means? does it mean that i need to
> have some kind of input into my sound card? Because i was hoping that
> simply
> playing songs on xmms would be sufficient. With the default settings of
> (start-audio 0 256 44100) it doesn't complain about the card or sample
> rate
> or anything but bars.scm still shows nothing and i can't seem to get it to
> work. and I'm certain it's card 0, so do i have to route it to a different
> output plugin like jack? because right now it is on alsa (my jack doesn't
> work)

well - I can do this on my laptop by loading alsamixer up and setting an
option somewhere that effectively routes the pcm output into the line in,
then all apps like xmms get picked up. I think it depends on your audio
hardware though.

I'll update to portaudio v19 on the next release so you can use jack which
is a bit easier to see whats going on (this seems a common issue)

Is there a case for using jack directly, or would this break the OSX
version? Although I use jack for all my audio apps, I like being able
start up fluxus without having to start jack first.