[Fluxus] show-fps crash ubuntu lucid

wandering free walkingreen at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 16 16:35:30 PDT 2013

On 16/09/2013, Kassen <signal.automatique at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 06:06:33PM +0000, wandering free wrote:

> There *may* be more info in your ".xsession-errors" file (should be in
> your home dir); if anything there seems relevant you can send those
> lines.

There may be something relevant here, though I am not convinced...
(polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1:1963): GLib-GObject-WARNING **:
cannot register existing type `_PolkitError'

(polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1:1963): GLib-CRITICAL **:
g_once_init_leave: assertion `initialization_value != 0' failed

(gnome-power-manager:1966): GLib-GObject-WARNING **:
/build/buildd/glib2.0-2.24.1/gobject/gsignal.c:2273: signal
`proxy-status' is invalid for instance `0x9c5fc38'

(gnome-settings-daemon:1944): GLib-GObject-WARNING **:
IA__g_object_notify: object class `GkbdStatus' has no property named
`name'

WARNING: Application calling GLX 1.3 function "glXCreatePixmap" when
GLX 1.3 is not supported!  This is an application bug!
Starting gtk-window-decorator
Initializing nautilus-gdu extension
I/O warning : failed to load external entity
"/home/###/.compiz/session/108039dbb5fa3ef0c9137907363578982300000018960036"
WARNING: Application calling GLX 1.3 function "glXDestroyPixmap" when
GLX 1.3 is not supported!  This is an application bug!

Interestingly I can see that compiz is not functioning on this
machine. This is possibly related.

> At any rate I have to admit that I am now out of my league for remote
> debugging and you'll need help from Dave or Gabor who know a lot more
> about OpenGL and the Fluxus code-base than I do.

Your help has been greatly appreciated regardless. We shall see if
others have anything to say in due course

> What I can help you with is tracing functions (or anything, really) in
> a larger multi-directory code-base. There is a excellent tool for that
> called "grep". It stands for "Get Regular ExPression" but even without
> arcane regular expressions it lets you search all files in a directory
> for the occurrence of terms like this and hands you a list of those
> files and the context it is used in. For this kind of tracing and just
> for recreationally trying to understand code it is quite nice. It has
> many online tutorials that go into various levels of depth so I'd
> like to suggest one or more of those. Don't be overwhelmed; even the
> most basic use-case is extremely helpful and can save a lot of time.

Yeah, I know grep a little. Great stuff. I used 'grep -l -r "show-fps"
/<dir>' and found the SetFPSDisplay function. However, further
searches led me only really to already compiled files (like .so) which
didn't really help.

Thanks again