[Fluxus] show-fps crash ubuntu lucid

wandering free walkingreen at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 13 06:16:32 PDT 2013

Hi,
I have been reading this list for the past few days, and finally decided to
join.
So glad to have found you all - it has been quite difficult getting fluxus
info on the net.

So yes, to the problem at hand. I am running a self-compiled version of
fluxus 018 (downloaded from the ubuntu ppt), with racket 5.1.1; on ubuntu
lucid.
recompiled recently to get over the ode problem where fluxus would crash
trying to use particles.

Now however, if any code uses (show-fps 1), fluxus crashes out, with
"Aborted" as the only error message...

I tried using (show-fps 2) yesterday when I discovered it existed, and this
totally crashed the gnome gdm, putting it into some kind of endless loop.
When I dropped out into one of the base terminals (ctrl+alt+f1), and
attempted "sudo gdm stop" - this did not even work...I just had to reboot.

Any ideas would be hugely welcomed.
Kind regards.
I hope to be posting more interesting stuff in the near future.