[Fluxus] mouse events handling

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 08:00:54 PDT 2013

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 06:29:20PM +0400, Ivan Youroff wrote:
>    Yes. You described the issue very precise.
>    And it would be enough to catch presses occured between frames in a way
>    like keyboard interface do.
>    I'm not an expert in Scheme/Racket, especially in its objective part. But
>    I see that native events are handled in canvas definition. Then they go to
>    fluxus-input-callback. So I wonder is it possible to redefine it from my
>    code?

Not currently that I know of but if a "pressed since last frame"
would be enough a fix should be very possible.

I'm not sure that feels entirely satisfactory to me because that would
mean we would lose the coordinates of the cursor at the moment the
button was pressed. Then again; unless we make a quite new kind of
thing we will also lose the state of the scene and hence what was
under the cursor at this moment anyway.

The simple solution I could probably fix in a spare evening, a more
general fix will probably need either Dave or Gabor.