[Fluxus] .fluxus.scm not being read on startup

gabor papp gabor.lists at mndl.hu
Thu Jan 24 07:40:43 PST 2013

> >> I am pretty sure. For example I set the pointer to crosshair.
> >> I can only observe the crosshair pointer when I manually load the file.
> > could you send a .fluxus.scm example? i vaguely remember i had to use
> > some task tricks earlier when i wanted to do things like this.
> Sure!
> http://trash.ctdo.de/a/017hrmtd171

so it seems your .fluxus.scm is read, but it runs as a boot script
before the opengl stuff is initialized, so your (set-cursor) and similar
stuff won't work.

there's a workaround starting a task that runs a bit later when all the
initialisations have finished. try something like the following instead
of (set-cursor 'crosshair).

; set the cursor to 'crosshair in 5 seconds from now
(spawn-timed-task (+ (time-now) 5)
   (lambda () (set-cursor 'crosshair)))

hope it helps,