[Fluxus] .fluxus.scm not being read on startup

Rolf Meinecke fluxus at jsilence.org
Wed Jan 23 07:31:38 PST 2013

Hej Gabor!

> try one of the 0.18 versions from here: http://fluxus.mndl.hu/
> some of the newer builds probably require osx 10.7+.

fluxus-0.18-1.20121215git.dmg seems to be too new and crashes.
fluxus-0.18-1.20121028git.dmg works fine on Snow Leopard.

Please don't drop support for Snow Leopard in future versions. Lion sucks.

>> It is in my home directory and permission seem to be fine:
> strange, what is in your .fluxus.scm? are you sure it is not read?

I am pretty sure. For example I set the pointer to crosshair.
I can only observe the crosshair pointer when I manually load the file.

> this has been addressed in the newer fluxus osx builds. by default it
> loads files from ~/Documents/Fluxus.

Yes, thank you. This works now.

>> I am also struggling with loading a file into another one. I'd like to
>> separate some of my functions into a util.scm file which I'd load into
> require/provide should do the trick. look into the fluxus scheme file
> how they do this. they are in Fluxus.app/Contents/Resources/collects/fluxus-018/

Okay, will look into that.
Changed the default font to Terminus. Much better...

Thanks,

-rolf