[Fluxus] compile problem on linux

plutek plutek at infinity.net
Tue Jan 15 07:52:35 PST 2013

From: Kassen <signal.automatique at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Fluxus] compile problem on linux
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 16:43:56 +0100

> On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 10:10:53AM -0500, plutek wrote:
>>
>> interesting ideas, and i may take a look at drFlux. still, i guess my basic question is why fluxus (this nice, light, and nimble tool) needs the whole big machinery of racket before we can even compile it...
>
> Well, we are using libraries for a lot of stuff. No need to re-invent
> the wheel on topics like FFT, playing samples, loading and writing
> images, dealing with OSC and MIDI....

ok, cool... that makes sense! i didn't realize to what degree the libraries were providing low-level support.

> Stick with it. it'll be fun!

yes it will, if i can get it to compile!!

do you care to offer any comments on my ongoing difficulties compiling fluxus (in the "other half" of this thread....  ;-)
(i love it when smilies complete a set of parentheses!)

thanks, and cheers!
.pltk.