[Fluxus] compile problem on linux

plutek plutek at infinity.net
Tue Jan 15 05:39:10 PST 2013

From: Ted VjBros <tedr56 at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 08:06:57 +0100

>>> i'm on a Crunchbang11 64-bit debian system here, and trying to compile
>>> fluxus. i've compiled and installed Racket with no problems (using the
>>> --enable-shared and --prefix=/usr/local flags for the configure).
>>>
>>> when i try to compile fluxus, scons complains thusly:
>>> "Checking for C library mzscheme3m... no"
>>>
>>> not sure if there's something else i need to install, or if there's
>>> something about the Racket installation which doesn't provide the
>>> required mzscheme3m... any help would be most appreciated!
>
> I would start with ldconfig.
> To see if racket is linked :
> sudo ldconfig -v | grep racket

that shows:
libracket3m-5.3.1.so -> libracket3m.so

> If not, you can add racket paths to environnement varaiables :
> export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/

do you mean?:
export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin/
(that's already in my $PATH)

> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib/

ok, that path did not exist, so i added it.

> if further problems with raco :
> export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/racket-5.1.1/bin

hmmm.... my racket and raco executables live in /usr/local/bin -- there is no racket directory under /usr/local

anyways... i'm still getting the same error when i run scons.

thanks for the help, ted! any other clues?

cheers!
.pltk.