[Fluxus] drflux undefined symbol

Johannes Kroll jkroll at lavabit.com
Wed May 23 02:44:01 PDT 2012

On Wed, 23 May 2012 01:53:14 +0200
Kassen <signal.automatique at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I'm trying to get drfulx to work on a laptop running a 64 bit version
> of Ubuntu 11.10. Fluxus compiled fine there and works properly.
>
> Now I'd like to use drflux to control Fluxa from vim, I have had this
> working nicely on my desktop for a while now. However, here
> commandline racket keeps getting stuck at fluxus-engine_ss.so having a
> undefined symbol: __glewUniform4fv

That looks like the fluxus-engine_ss.so not depending on libGLEW.

Have you tried running the commandline racket with LD_PRELOAD? i.e.
something like

$ LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libGLEW.so racket...
(check if you actually have the /usr/lib/libGLEW so file and replace
with different path/version number if necessary)

That command should preload the missing glew library into the racket
process.

Anyway, if the .so does not include the proper dependency that should
be fixed in the build files. The one I have installed here (from a
rather old fluxus version) has got the dependency:

$ ldd /usr/local/lib/fluxus-017/compiled/native/i386-linux/3m/fluxus-engine_ss.so|grep -i GLEW
	libGLEW.so.1.5 => /usr/lib/libGLEW.so.1.5 (0x00e09000)

 - johannes