[Fluxus] FreeFrame and Video Buffer

roger pibernat rogerpibernat at gmail.com
Sun May 20 02:21:29 PDT 2012

Hi there,

I'm planning to do a real-time video manipulation app and I'm considering
fluxus to code it.  But I have 2 questions:

   1. I know there's a FreeFrame plug-in but I can't find it (I saw it on
   the FF site).  Any clues on where to download it?
   2. Is there any way to access the video buffer so I can manipulate it's
   data?  Is it possible to write to the buffer in real-time?

the reason for question #2 is that I want to overwrite the video buffer
after manipulating it.  In other words, I want to write the filtered and
manipulated result to the same buffer I was reading from.  The workflow
would be something like this:

   1. read video buffer
   2. filter it with FF or manipulate the pixels
   3. write to buffer
   4. back to step #1

I don't even know if fluxus is the best tool for this, but if it weren't
it's quite close.

cheers,

Roger

(+34) 639 81 26 71