[Fluxus] OpenNI

Ted tedr56 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 04:47:54 PDT 2012

> hi Ted,
>
> > after compiling everything needed, I succeed to made freenect module
> > working perfectly.
> good to hear that.
>
> > So, I was hoping to have more luck with the OpenNI module and its advances
> > detection algorythm
> > but when I launch the example file in fluxus, no errors cames, all seems
> > loaded but nothing appens.
> the openni module in my svn repository is in a non working state,
> unfortunately. i managed to use openni from c++. i just need to find some
> time to make a fluxus module.
>
> what functionality do you need from the openni module? depth and video
> textures and skeleton joints?

What I'm looking for is a simple body location in space to adapt visuals
with.
For more interesting effects, the movements would be interesting to play
with velocity
of particles. Actually, the camera stream seems not very usable for this
process.
I tried to get access to depth depth texture and extract pixels to
compute the difference with previous frame.
This would get some movement representation but I couldn't manage the
first step.
My last try was with (pixel-download) but the "c" pdata array stay at 0.

> i just need to find some time to make a fluxus module.

in the meantime, you can try some openni applications that send
skeleton
data through osc.
synapse: http://synapsekinect.tumblr.com/
they provide mac and windows binaries, but it's written in
openframeworks,
so it should be compilable in linux as well.

osceleton: https://github.com/Sensebloom/OSCeleton

the problem with these is that you only get skeleton data, no depth and
video frames.

Indeed I tried with OSCeleton but got a annoying linker error.
This would be my best chance but I can't figure what is wrong.
Maybe this evoke something to you.

/usr/bin/ld: liblo-0.26-modified/src/.libs/liblo_la-server_thread.o:
undefined reference to symbol 'pthread_create@@GLIBC_2.2.5'
/usr/bin/ld: note: 'pthread_create@@GLIBC_2.2.5' is defined in
DSO /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0 so try adding it to the linker
command line
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0: could not read symbols: Invalid
operation

Thanks for the answer.

Cheers,
Ted VjBros