[Fluxus] a video

David Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Thu Jun 14 02:31:06 PDT 2012

Hi Kassen,

On 06/12/2012 11:34 AM, Kassen wrote:
> Trivia and lessons learned;
> -no traditional modeling program because I don't understand those.

I recommend spending some time with poly face extrude modelling with
blender - you start with a cube, extrude faces to build a rough shape,
smooth the model and repeat until done.

> -a procedural texture for the robot faces worked quite well.
> -avoiding state as much as possible really helps to keep stuff simple.
> -a texture on a inverted sphere makes for a cheap background; build it
> first, before transparent stuff, because you can't depth-sort it.
> -Generally a smart order of building-drawing can beat the automated
> depth-sort if you plan.

I think a combination of ordering builds, depth sorting,
(hint-ignore-depth) for stuff you really want on top, and
(hint-nozwrite) for stuff you really want in the background generally
does the trick - but it could do with being a bit more visualisable.

> -Working accross multiple computers is not so smart because you are
> bound to forget to copy textures and stuff. I wouldn't do that again.

Use git?