[Fluxus] Crash after compiling on OS X 10.7 (64 bit)

gabor papp gabor.lists at mndl.hu
Fri Jan 6 13:21:04 PST 2012

> I did get it to run by doing that actually, but this error would pop
> up occasionally when running the app (without crashing it though) so I
> just went back to the 0.17 binary.
i think this error only started happening with racket 5.1.2+, so i hope
it solves it if you go back to racket 5.1.1.

> I actually tried compiling in 32-bit mode after that, but then it just
> crashed with a totally different much more mysterious error.
i would say that the git version should work in 32-bit mode with racket
5.1.1, although os x 10.7 can cause problems unfortunately.

> The reason I was trying to build from source was that sometimes the
> 017 binary starts consuming huge amounts of memory and then crashes
> (yet it's apparently not leaking much) so I wanted to try to track
> that down. But if I can't even get the thing to compile for me, then
> there's not much hope in that I guess :)
this is a misterious leak we have been trying to hunt down for years now.
we would be very grateful if you found that leak.