[Fluxus] pdata-op between Pdata "c" end vector(3)

Ted tedr56 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 07:43:50 PDT 2012

Le vendredi 20 avril 2012 à 11:25 +0200, gabor papp a écrit :

> hi Ted,
>
> > So, I searched and found this AddOperator function in sources, and tried to
> > add these specific types.
> try to implement the following templates:
>
> template<>
> PData *AddOperator::Operate(TypedPData<dColour> *a, dColour b);
> template<>
> PData *AddOperator::Operate(TypedPData<dColour> *a, TypedPData<dColour>
> *b);
>
> additionally, i believe these will be needed to set grayscale colours:
>
> template<>
> PData *AddOperator::Operate(TypedPData<dColour> *a, float b);
> template<>
> PData *AddOperator::Operate(TypedPData<dColour> *a, TypedPData<float> *b);
>

> best,
> gabor

That's what I was trying but I'll dig deeper.

Le vendredi 20 avril 2012 à 10:57 +0200, Kassen a écrit :

> On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 06:29:20AM +0200, Ted wrote:
> > Hi the list,
>
> Hey Ted,
> >
> > Proud of my creation, I recompile, no compile errors, launch the script, and I
> > get the same error.
> > Did I missed a declaration somewhere, or is it totally wrong?
>
> I'm not sure about it being "totally wrong", but I am wondering; isn't
> this a lot like overloading "+" to include the functionality of (vadd
> v1 v2) and if so; wouldn't simply using vadd work?
>
> Of course that is the lazy answer, because overloading "+" to work
> like vadd as well would be a perfectly sensible desire, Dave's
> overloading (in Scheme) of "+" to also act like Fluxa's "sum" also
> makes sense to me... but did you try vadd and does that work?
>
> Couldn't we also say that the error you were getting at trying "+"
> would be the main (Fluxus) issue here? That one doesn't look clear at
> all.

Actually, I'm using the (pdata-op) function which make a "vadd" on all
pdata elements.
It should be faster than parsing the datas with (pdata-map!) and vadd
inside.

> > ps: I made a demo for a vj contest with my fluxus work. If you want to checkout
> > : http://vimeo.com/vjbros/astrobros
>
> Oooh, I like it, very tasteful and with a good feeling for colours.
> Nice to see how everyone has his own style. Do you use this material
> live straight from Fluxus or do you pre-render clips to play back in
> some other VJ program?
>

> Yours,
> Kas.

Thanks. Actually I'm using a script I develloped to mix my different
visual scripts inside fluxus.
All realtime (except the ending title with blender). All my codes are on
https://github.com/tedr56/FluxusBros
I have begun a mapping feature on it too. First try here
https://vimeo.com/37274617

Cheers,
Ted