[Fluxus] shadows and tweakbar

gabor papp gabor.lists at mndl.hu
Thu Oct 20 14:43:06 PDT 2011

hi Daniel,

> multisampling in GLUT and the string solution works. It would be also
> possible to read the string from a configuration file, that way users
> could modify rendering settings easily.
sounds nice. would be great to read the configuration from a variable in
the ~/.fluxus.scm configuration script, although i think that runs later
then the glut setup. what do you think?

> 2: I had a look @ the shadow volume code, and I modified it to render
> the shadows by subtracting light from the scene as a postprocess.
would be nice to see how it looks. don't you want to make a branch in
the fluxus repo? so everyone can try your modifications and we could
easily import them to master. dave can give you access.

> 3: I added a reload current script function that gets called with F1,
> This way I can edit my scripts in an external editor and reload them
> quickly.
this is a bit risky if you press f1 by accident during a performance :).
one of my colleagues added a modification that reloads the file
automatically if it has been changed. these are both nice, although i
think we should make the editor good enough so an external editor won't
be needed.

> If any of these are useful I will be happy to send in the code. I had
> a hard time though with debugging... do you use GDB on OSX?
yes, i use gdb.

> Another question regarding the installation of modules. I wanted to
> install gabor's anttweakbar module but I didn't find any info on how
> to install it. I installed the lib, and then tried putting tw.ss in
> modules/scheme but when I open the demo file I get this error message
you don't have to put tw.ss in modules/scheme. if you have the command
line version of fluxus, not the app, you can just run fluxus from the
folder when the example and tw.ss are.
basically if you use (require "tw.ss") then racket looks for tw.ss in
the current directory. the other way is to use the form (require
something/tw), where you have to place the tw.ss file on the collects
path in the 'something' folder. in osx ~/Documents/Fluxus/collects is in
the collects path, so probably that's the easiest to use.
probably you also need to change the require's in tw.ss from fluxus-017
to fluxus-018.

best,