[Fluxus] R7RS

Javier Candeira javier at candeira.com
Tue Oct 4 18:49:01 PDT 2011

Hi Kassen and rest of the gang. Long time lurker here.

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 8:06 AM, Kassen <signal.automatique at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://developers.slashdot.org/story/11/10/04/1942209/r7rs-scheme-progress-report
>
> Summary of the planned changes for the Scheme standard. What I got from
> this;
>
> *It's heartening to see that we are not the only ones using one of the
> cleanest simplest languages around to make a glorious mess.
>
> *The plans include a new standard for dealing with time which is exactly
> what we (don't) need (more of).

I am friends with John Cowan, one of the stewards of the r7rs process.

Can you describe exactly what's wrong with the new standard for
dealing with time? Also, I don't have time (heh) to delve into it
right now, is that standard part of r7rs small or r7rs large?

Thanks,

Javier